Sometimes the unexpected happens and a band that you can’t imagine getting any better manages to raise the bar even higher! When Girls In Synthesis released their four-track EP We Might Not Make Tomorrow in May this year it seemed like the perfect realisation of the band at this point. It was intense, abrasive, confrontational, and original. Yet somehow containing half-caught glimpses of incendiary half-remembered songs that helped bring you to musical life… formed the origins of your musical cosmos.
In a time when we are encouraged to ‘Calm Down and Carry On’, and mainstream culture is often the soporific result of market forces, Girls In Synthesis remind us of what art and music should be. What it should do! Listening to them is like grabbing hold of a live cable, like a mains jolt -WAKE UP- a dissident soundtrack to the urgent intensity of urban Britain in 2018.
Fan the Flames
~~ FAN THE FLAMES TOUR ~~
- Monday 22nd October- Chameleon, Nottingham (with Warmduscher)
- Friday 26th October- The Twisted Barrel, Coventry
- Saturday 27th October- The Edge, Luton
- Saturday 3rd November- The Polar Bear, Hull
- Sunday 4th November- The Ferret, Preston
- Monday 5th November- Yes, Manchester (with Phobophobes)
- Tuesday 6th November- Hyde Park Book Club, Leeds (with Phobophobes)
- Wednesday 7th November- The Library, Oxford
- Saturday 10th November- Moth Club, London
- Friday 23rd November- The Hope and Ruin, Brighton (with Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs)