2. When: 1990. ‘Pretty Woman‘ was in Theaters. The movie cover has Julia’s face super imposed onto her stunt double’s body, and Richard Gear’s hair is colored black, even though his hair is grey in the movie. Yah, look it up.
Why: Probably because the dark hair just popped more on the cover.
Other Instruments: I started off playing Cello in grade school, and got pretty smokin’ at Three Blind Mice.
Then I wanted to move onto Violin, but onced i realized how uncomfortable it was to hold it properly, i hated it. Then I moved onto electric guitar. I can also mess around with bass guitar, piano and baby-sized shakers (I literally just finished doing a baby shakers track with The Queers in their studio just now). Neon green ones to be exact. One, to be even more exact.
Favorite to play? Neon pink baby-sized shakers.
3. Influences: Mr. Bungle, Tim Burton films and horror movies.
4. Failures: Having to Pay off my student loans until the year Lollapalooza decides to have the ghost of Mily Cyrus headline as a hologram.
Successes: Playing drums for bands I grew up listening to, while getting paid slightly more than I would at my day job, and marrying a hot P.E. teacher and having a beautiful baby girl who grabs faces super hard and tries to put every inanimate object on earth into her mouth.
5. Funny Story: My first tour with The Dickies, driving over the Verrazano Bridge in NYC, I was gulping down some orange juice while Leonard was on a roll with making up his own lyrics over “Runaround Sue“. I choked on my OJ and started puking out of the side door of the van while it was still in motion. Funny! I guess?
Lesson learned: Focus on what you’re doing at the moment, always.
6. Recommendations for those wanting to play drums: If you don’t have a drum set yet, start air drumming, banging on pillows, etc. Once you get a drum set, you’ll be ready to rock.
7. Future Plans: I’m really looking forward to doing more studio drum work. That’s always been (and still is) a very important goal of mine to establish. I definitely have the experience and training.